Full-Stack Product Engineer
EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of Full-Stack Product Engineer, a fundamental part of the EnsoData technology team that will take leadership of critical product development initiatives, design and implement both frontend and backend user experiences for core EnsoData products and services, and delight live healthcare customers with powerful new features and functionality.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create massive cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data; improving both patient and provider satisfaction, and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with Big Sleep Data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare - sleep study scoring.
Reporting to the CTO, the Full-Stack Product Engineer will lead key product development efforts and will have the following responsibilities:
*Lead design and development of core components of EnsoData backend including database, RESTful APIs, web frameworks and servers with tools including Node.Js, Python Flask, MongoDB, Nginx, Heroku
* Deploy, manage, and scale distributed server and database systems on cloud platforms (AWS, Google)
* Maintain uptime, availability, and high performance on production systems that aid real world clinicians in the diagnosis of thousands of patients per month and process terabytes of health data daily
* Deliver outstanding user experiences and interfaces leveraged by frontline clinicians to access health data and diagnose thousands of patients with tools including Angular.js, Electron, Bootstrap
* Expand and manage advanced cybersecurity controls to protect critical data using a variety of encryption, authorization, and redundancy mechanisms
* Assist in providing EnsoData customers with the highest quality technical support, including virtual and onsite meetings to rapidly respond to customer needs
* Utilize software development best practices to assist in maintaining FDA compliance including thorough software testing, issue tracking, documentation, and clean version control
Skills and Expertise:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required, Master's a plus
* 3-5+ years work and/or project experience with full-stack product development, particularly with healthcare customers
* Desire to build groundbreaking technologies to make healthcare more efficient, affordable, and effective
* Experience managing production backend and frontend AWS or cloud environments for live customers
* Personal qualities of integrity, perseverance, and commitment to the mission at EnsoData
In addition to a competitive salary, equity in a high-growth startup, and standard benefits including health care, you will have a transformative impact on company culture and success. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class engineering team, own critical EnsoData product initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical leadership team.