AI & Machine Learning Engineer
EnsoData, a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Madison, WI, is seeking an experienced candidate for the position of AI & Machine Learning Engineer, a fundamental part of the EnsoData technology team that will take leadership of critical AI/ML development initiatives, design and implement ML systems built on terabytes of health data that power core EnsoData products and services, and delight live healthcare customers with the very best performance achievable.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create massive cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data; improving both patient and provider satisfaction, and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with Big Sleep Data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare - sleep study scoring.
Reporting to the President, the AI & Machine Learning Engineer will lead key AI and machine learning development efforts, and will have the following responsibilities:
* Apply the latest machine learning and AI techniques to emulate human pattern recognition and perceptual reasoning to automate one of the most time consuming data annotation tasks in healthcare
* Design, develop, train, test, analyze, and evaluate machine learning algorithms on terabyte scale healthcare datasets every day to optimize the accuracy and performance of the EnsoData AI engine
* Deploy algorithms and updates into production systems that aid real world clinicians in the diagnosis of thousands of patients per month and process terabytes of patient health data daily
* Analyze the performance characteristics of current and future AI systems to understand key elements of raw data, features, models, and optimization methods to improve development and refine approaches
* Contribute to AI/ML engineering team by providing deep expertise and perspective on available methods for raw data, preprocessing, training and testing models, features, and more
* Apply advanced signal processing and other statistical techniques to raw physiological signal and timeseries data to model and understand complex health factors over multiple timescales
* Collaborate with diverse AI/ML engineering team to define current and future AI and ML research and development needs and initiatives of greatest impact for frontline clinicians and patients globally
Skills and Expertise:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required, Master’s or PhD a plus
* 3-5+ years work and/or project experience with machine learning system development, particularly healthcare applications
* Desire to build groundbreaking technologies to make healthcare more efficient, affordable, and effective
* Excellent Python development skills in multiprocessing, distributed systems, and big data environments
* Deep understanding and experience with applying cutting edge machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science algorithms, methods, techniques, and approaches
* Ability to apply advanced signal processing and statistical analysis techniques for physiological signals, timeseries, and sensor data formats
* Experience managing production AI/ML systems on AWS or cloud environments for live customers
* Personal qualities of integrity, perseverance, and commitment to the mission at EnsoData
In addition to a competitive salary, equity in a high-growth startup, and standard benefits including health care, you will have a transformative impact on company culture and success. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally to help build a world-class data science team, own critical EnsoData R&D initiatives, and serve as a key member of the EnsoData technical leadership team.